UNC Charlotte has adopted a policy to take affirmative steps to safeguard and protect minor children from potential abuse while visiting the UNC Charlotte campus, attending University-offered programs and events, or participating in third party programs and activities that utilize campus facilities.
To meet the requirements of the policy, all adults who will interact with minors as part of an activity or program must do four things:
- Review the Minors on Campus University Policy 716
- View the Minors on Campus Policy Training Video, or, read the Minors on Campus Policy Training Workbook (both are linked to below and contain the same information). After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Know UNC Charlotte’s expectation of behaviors in order to avoid child or sex abuse related crime, and to protect yourself
- Protect Non-Student Minors who participate in activities and programs
- Act as a positive role model and avoid putting yourself in a risky situation
- Successfully pass the policy assessment
- Successfully pass the policy assessment (score 70% or better); and
- Pass an annual background check
Individuals interacting with minors should start by reviewing the University Minors on Campus University Policy 716 below. After your review, please view the Minors on Campus Policy Training Video or read the Minors on Campus Policy Training Workbook. Then, complete the quiz associated with this course by clicking the "Take our Online Test" link below. Your Program Organizer will be in charge of notifying the appropriate individuals of all required background checks.
Minors on Campus Policy Training Workbook (Word Document)